Foston C of E Primary School

Foston Primary SchoolFoston School was built by John Spaven on “wasteland belonging to the Parish” (its present location) in 1844 at a cost of £57.50p. The school received its certificate of education and was placed under the management of the Parochial Clergyman.

The school has been thoroughly modernised, extended and upgraded in line with present legislation, and has an attached playing field rented from the Walsh family.

The present staff, governors and PAFFS actively encourage community interest and support. The head teacher is Mrs. S Moore.